Adding graphics to an application with flashboards
Flashboards are dynamic, graphical representations of data in Remedy AR System forms. Remedy Flashboards are fully integrated with Remedy Developer Studio.
You can use Remedy Flashboards to perform the following data manipulations:
- Process, store, and display data from the Remedy AR System in the form of graphs, charts, text boxes, and meters.
- Use a chart to display information about several variables or to compare historical data.
- Use meters or text boxes to display information about single variables.
Meters display a statistic whose value normally lies within a specific range. Meters display only the most recently received values.
Text boxes display information in text form.
- Summarize and display real-time, historical, summary, or historical and real-time data in new or existing AR System forms for trend or historical analysis. Use various flashboards such as line, bar, stacked bar, area, stacked area, and table to display historical or summary data.
- Provide visual alerts with the alarm component.
- Drill down to see what data was gathered to produce a flashboard.
You must refresh a flashboard to view the most recent historical, summary, and real-time data.
Types of flashboard rendering
BMC offers two types of flashboard rendering:
When you perform a fresh installation of Remedy AR System 19.02, HTML rendering is enabled by default for new flashboards. HTML rendering offers more secure flashboards display with a modern and improved look and feel. When you choose to use HTML rendering, all your customized flashboards continue to work as it is.
When you upgrade to Remedy AR System 19.02, you can choose to enable HTML rendering. If you choose to use HTML rendering, the out-of-the-box flashboards and your custom flashboards are automatically compatible with HTML rendering. You need not perform any migration.
When you select HTML rendering, make sure that the parameters you are using are supported. For more information about parameters, see Types of flashboard parameters.
Best PracticeBMC recommends using HTML rendering because Adobe has announced the end of development and distribution of Flash Player by the end of the year 2020. For more information, see https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/.
Adobe Flash rendering
When you upgrade to Remedy AR System 19.02, by default, the Adobe Flash rendering is available. You can choose to select HTML rendering over the existing Adobe Flash rendering.
Use the flashboards.showgraphinflash property in the Config.properties file to select the flashboard rendering. For more information about changing flashboard rendering, see Modifying the config.properties file for flashboards.
Process of creating a flashboard
Design a flashboard by defining the business need.
|Understand the flashboard variables and define the flashboard variables to represent data and granting access.
|Perform CRUD operations on flashboard and understand how to set notifications for a flashboard.
|View the flashboard by adding it to the AR System form and get acquainted with flashboard parameters.