Working with the Analyzer View tab
The Analyzer View tab reports the results of the analysis, as shown in the following figure.
Analyzer View tab
(Click the image to expand it.)
The Analyzer View tab includes the following columns:
- Message — The text and details of the messages. The text is listed in Analyzer messages.
The messages can be listed individually or grouped by message severity or any of the columns. By default, the messages are grouped by related form name. In the following figure, some of the groups are expanded to show the individual messages. Some of the messages can be expanded further to show details of the potential issue.
- Rules — The rules that defines the potential issues, as listed in Analyzer rules.
- Object type — The types of the objects.
- Name — The names of the objects where the Analyzer found the potential issues.
- Related Form Name — The forms associated with the objects where the Analyzer found the potential issues.
- Ignore — The results that are ignored. When you select results to ignore, the settings are stored on the AR System Ignored Analyzer Results form. For information about how to ignore results, see To ignore results.
To group the results
- From the View menu (
) on the Analyzer View tab, choose an option from the Group By menu:
- Object Type
- Related Form
- Result Summary
- Field In Query
The Field in Query option appears only if you selected Inefficient Queries in the Analyzer wizard. If you select Field in Query, the Message column lists the objects that contain fields with inefficient queries. Click the plus sign next to the object to drill down and learn how the fields are used inefficiently in queries.
To display a description of the potential problem
- Right-click the message line and select Description.
The Description dialog box displays the message description and solution as listed in Analyzer messages. Use the up and down arrow keys to view the descriptions of other messages.
To display details about the location of the potential problem
- Click the plus sign before the message in the Messages column to display the values of attributes of the message.
To edit the form or workflow object
- Double-click the message line in the Analyzer View tab.
The object editor opens. If a field, workflow action, or Run If qualification is the subject of the message, it is selected in the editor.
To analyze the same objects with the same rules
- Click the Analyze Objects Again button ( ) on the Analyzer View tab.
To analyze an object automatically when you save it
- Click the Link With Editor button ( ) on the Analyzer View tab.
When Link With Editor is selected, each time you save an object in an editor, the Analyzer analyzes that object only using all the rules and displays the resulting messages.
To ignore results
- Select one or more rows that contain the results or object types that you want to ignore.
- Right-click and select Ignore.
- In the Confirm dialog box that appears, select the appropriate option:
- Skip Selected Result Only
- Skip All Results of Selected Types
- Click OK.
The settings are stored on the AR System Ignored Analyzer Results form.
For information about how to restore results that are ignored, see To restore results that are ignored.
To restore results that are ignored
- Click the Show All Results button (
Results that are ignored appear, and a check mark appears in the Ignore column to indicate that the results are to be ignored.
) on the Analyzer View tab.
- Select the results that you no longer want to ignore.
- Right-click and select Ignore.
- In the Confirm dialog box, click Yes.