Working with custom perspectives
Use the following procedures to save, open, and switch to custom perspectives.
To save a custom perspective
- Select Window > Save Perspective As.
- In the Save Perspective As dialog box, give the perspective a name and click OK.
To open a perspective
- Select Window > Open Perspective > Other.
- In the Open Perspective dialog box, select the appropriate perspective and click OK.
When you start BMC Remedy Developer Studio, it opens the perspectives that were open when you last exited. If the perspective that has the input focus does not display the AR System Navigator, BMC Remedy Developer Studio does not display the Login dialog box. To display the Login dialog box, switch to a perspective that displays the AR System Navigator or open it in the current perspective.
One way to use a custom perspective is to set it up for specific work and switch to it when you need it. For example, you can set up a Form Edit perspective as shown in the Form editor maximized with Property tab detached figure and switch to it to edit a form.
To switch to another open perspective
- Click the icon or name of the perspective in the Perspective bar in the top left corner of the BMC Remedy Developer Studio window.