Validating a package
Application configuration is used to specify set of rules against which all the packages are validated while a package is being built.
To validate a package
- Open the AR System Deployment Management Console.
- Click Administration > Application Configuration.
From Validate Definition list, select Yes.
From the Stop Processing On list, select one of the following options:
Option Description Error stops if the plugin receives error during validation stage Warning stops if the plugin receives warning during validation stage Info stops if the plugin receives any information during validation stage
- Click View Analyzer Rule, and select the rules against which you want to validate the package before you perform the build. For more information on the analyzer rules, see
- Click Save.
When you validate a package containing base objects, the package is deployed successfully with the following error in the Status Reason field:
Success: ARMigratePlugin: Base Mode objects will not be validated.
Protect your Remedy deployment
All packages offered by BMC are digitally signed. You can protect your Remedy deployment and import a BMC signed package.
To enable the deployment of BMC signed packages
The AR System Administrator uses Deployment Management Configuration form to enable or restrict the deployment of packages containing binary changes.
- Open AR System Deployment Management console.
- On the Administration tab, click Application Configuration option.
- The Deployment Management Configuration form opens.
From the Allow Binary Payload from BMC only field, select Yes to enable the deployment of BMC provided signed packages.
- Click Save.