Troubleshooting Remedy Smart Reporting configuration issues in Remedy Mid Tier
This topic explains the troubleshooting information for issues that can occur while configuring Remedy Smart Reporting in Mid Tier.
Cannot connect to Remedy Smart Reporting while configuring the Remedy Smart Reporting URL in Mid Tier
While configuring Remedy Smart Reporting in Mid Tier, you get the following error message on the Mid Tier Configuration page when SSL is enabled on both, Remedy Smart Reporting and Mid Tier Tomcat:
(Click image to expand).
You must deploy the Smart Reporting SSL certificate on the Mid Tier Java Trust Store. This allows the SSL enabled Remedy Smart Reporting Configuration with Mid Tier. To import the Remedy Smart Reporting certificate to Mid Tier, see the following Knowledge Base articles:
ARERR 9430 error message is displayed while accessing Remedy Smart Reporting from the IT Service Management Home page
While accessing Remedy Smart Reporting from the IT Service Management Home page,
ARERR 9430 error is displayed.
Ensure that the following conditions are met:
- The logged in user has a fixed or floating license to access the Smart Reporting Console from Remedy AR System server.
- The user who is logged in to the Remedy AR System server or IT Service Management company is not onboarded in Remedy Smart Reporting.
To verify this, log in to Remedy Smart Reporting as a super admin (siadmin) and navigate to the Client Organization and check whether the onboarding is complete.
- Mid Tier configuration is missing or invalid. Check the Report settings on the Mid Tier Configuration page and save the settings.
- When a user is created in Remedy Smart Reporting, the user ID is assigned to the Client Org. The user ID is created as UserID@Clientorg. If ‘@Clientorg' is removed from the user ID, then login fails for that user. For example, if the user ID in IT Service Management is
appadmin, the same user ID is created as appadmin@xyz in Remedy Smart Reporting. Ensure that you use the userid@clientorg format to authenticate the user in Remedy Smart Reporting; otherwise, the Mid Tier does not authenticate the user.
- If the logged in user is a new user created in the Remedy AR System server, wait for the user sync job to run (default is 12 hours), which creates the user in Remedy Smart Reporting and user is able to login. The name of the escalation which runs every 12 hours is RSR:UserSync.
- Remedy Smart Reporting service may not be running. Log in to the Remedy Smart Reporting server and verify whether the service is up and running.
- The log in fails and the Remedy Smart Reporting logs displays the following errors:
DEBUG (AdministrationService:remoteAdministrationCall) - Successfully authenticated user: siadmin
DEBUG (AdministrationService:remoteAdministrationCall) - Creating Session
DEBUG (WebServicesSessionManager:newSession) - Session 8983c10e0a60cd4c503d2ec7347d17a3 has been created...
DEBUG (AdministrationService:remoteAdministrationCall) - Processing function: LOGINUSERNOPASSWORD
WARN (AdministrationService:remoteAdministrationCall) - SIMPLE_AUTHENTICATION not enabled for Unauthenticated Login...
INFO (AdministrationService:remoteAdministrationCall) - WebserviceException caught: 26(UNSECURE_LOGON_NOT_ENABLED)
If the user authentication web service call fails, perform the following steps on the Remedy Smart Reporting application database:
- Stop the Remedy Smart Reporting service.
Log in to Remedy Smart Reporting database from the database client and run the following SQL query:
INSERT INTO Configuration values (1, 'SYSTEM', 'SIMPLE_AUTHENTICATION', 'TRUE')
- Start the Remedy Smart Reporting service.
Cross launching from IT Service Management to Remedy Smart Reporting fails
When the cross launching from IT Service Management Home page to Remedy Smart reporting fails, the Mid Tier log files display the following error message:
9217. Servlet and Server mapping definitions for the Smart Reporting are missing from the Mid-Tier web.xml.
Add the following servlet and its mapping entries in the web.xml file of the Mid Tier server located at /opt/bmc/midtier/webapps/arsys/WEB-INF and then restart the Tomcat service:
<servlet> <servlet-name>YellowFinReportServlet</servlet-name> <servlet-class>com.remedy.arsys.aryfreport.YellowFinReportServlet</servlet-class> <load-on-startup>100</load-on-startup> </servlet> <servlet-mapping> <servlet-name>YellowFinReportServlet</servlet-name> <url-pattern>/servlet/YellowFinReportServlet</url-pattern> </servlet-mapping> … <servlet> <servlet-name>ReportShareServlet</servlet-name> <servlet-class>com.remedy.arsys.aryfreport.ReportShareServlet</servlet-class> </servlet> <servlet-mapping> <servlet-name>ReportShareServlet</servlet-name> <url-pattern>/servlet/ReportShareServlet</url-pattern> </servlet-mapping>