Troubleshooting Remedy Approval Server
When troubleshooting Remedy Approval Server, we recommend that you first check the known and corrected issues in Remedy Action Request (AR) System. Also, ensure that you apply the latest hotfix for approval server. To download the latest hotfix, see the knowledge article KA 000164912.
Ensure that you check the hotfix level of both Remedy AR System Server and approval server. For any questions about hotfixes and applying hotfixes, read through the associated Readme file or contact BMC Support by opening a support ticket.
When an issue occurs while using approval server, analyze the cause. The following list includes the common problems that can occur when using approval server:
- Troubleshooting when approvals are not processed or other unexpected behaviors occur
- Troubleshooting performance issues while processing approvals
- Troubleshooting when approval server fails to process records from Application Pending form
- Troubleshooting plug-in issues with approval server
- Troubleshooting when approving requests via emails does not work
Popular knowledge articles for approval server
The following list includes some of the popular knowledge articles from BMC Communities for approval server:
- A checklist to validate the configuration of your approval server
- A simple test to verify if your approval server is working fine
- Steps to enable approval log and activate Approval Debug Mode
- Steps to perform when sanity check for approval server fails
- Steps to perform when approvals and status changes are delayed even if the approval process is configured correctly
- Steps to perform when records are stuck in the Application Pending form (Error: "no arapsignalxx_build001 in java.library.path")
- Steps to enable AR System dispatcher log
Video for approval server
The following video (6:32) explains how to test approval server.