Step 3-Reproduce the bug
BMC Remedy Mid Tier is equipped with a logging feature that captures real-time combined (server and client) workflow. You can usually resolve workflow-related bugs, including combination active link/filter bugs, by inspecting this log. For more information about logging, see Working with logs.
To use the combined workflow log
- After you have reduced the number of workflow objects to examine, log on to BMC Remedy Mid Tier using the same browser (type and version) on which you observed the problem.
- Navigate to the AR System User Preference form and click the Logging tab.
- Turn on the logging for the type of workflow that needs debugging (Active Link, Filter, or API and SQL logs) and save the changes.
- Log out and log in back again.
A pop-up window now appears that logs workflow (make sure that the pop-ups are enabled in mid tier).
- Duplicate the issue you are debugging.
- Examine the pop-up window, which will have captured information about the cause and effect and execution sequence of filters and active links.