Setting up FTS to search across multiple forms
You can set up full text search (FTS) to search across multiple forms.
To set up FTS to search across multiple forms
- Configure each form so that it can be included in a multi-form FTS (see Configuring forms for multiple-form FTS).
- Configure the server for multi-form FTS (see Configuring the relevancy weight for fields in a multiple-form FTS).
- Update the AR System Multi-Form Search form (see Performing searches on multiple forms).
- Create or modify a form and workflow that enable users to search across multiple forms (see Creating a form and workflow to search across multiple forms).
- (Optional) Use date and time fields on your search form (see Using date and time fields on your search form).
Behavior of multi-form FTS
- If a user does not have permission to the Request ID field (field ID 1), the entire row is eliminated from the multi-form FTS results.
- The fields permissions of multi-form search enabled fields are not considered during multi-form search. This causes the content for all the multi-form search enabled fields to appear in the search results.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you