Setting up automatic mapping
Automatic mapping is typically used to map transfers between identical forms.
Before performing this task, ensure that the information in the Basic and Options panels of the Distributed Mapping editor is correctly specified. See Creating distributed mappings.
To set up automatic mapping
- Open the distributed mapping in the Distributed Mapping editor.
- In the Transfer to Target or Return from Target panel, click Auto Map.
- In the Auto Map dialog box, select an automatic mapping method:
- Match IDs — Maps fields on the source form to fields on the target form that have the same field IDs. If you later add fields with matching IDs to both forms, BMC Remedy AR System automatically maps them to each other.
- Match Names — Maps fields on the source form to fields on the target form that have the same field names. If you later add fields with matching names to both forms, BMC Remedy AR System automatically maps them to each other.
- To prevent BMC Remedy AR System from mapping certain fields, select the fields in the Auto Map table's Field column, and click Remove.
- Click OK.
The mapped fields appear in the table on the Transfer or Return panel.
If you are not creating mapping between identical forms, ensure that no unwanted unmapped fields exist on the forms.
- To customize any of the mappings listed in the table or to add custom mappings, see Creating custom mapping.