Setting process intervals
Use the Configuration tab of the Process Definition form to configure process intervals.
To set process intervals
- Open the AP:Administration form, select a process, and click View.
For more information, see Creating a process and AP-Process Definition form.
The selected process opens in Modify mode.
- On the Configuration tab, enter a number in the Process Due field, and select the item that this number represents from the Unit list.
For example, if you want the process to be due five days after the first signature is created, enter 5 in the Interval field, and select Days from the Unit list.
The Process Due interval is required for the action date feature. If this field is left blank, no action date is associated with the process or its corresponding requests.
- Enter a number in the Signature Due field, and select the item that this number represents from the Unit list.
For example, if you want every signature to be due in two days, enter 2 in the Interval field, and select Days from the Unit list.
- Enter a number in the Buffer Period field, and select the item that this number represents from the Unit list.
This value is used as a delta to be deducted from all other intervals, except Signature Due, to derive the minimum of all the required process intervals.
- In the Enable Preview field, select Yes if you want to consider future approvers when calculating the Signature Due date. Select No if you want if you want to use the value in the Signature Due field only.
- Click Save.
Besides these process intervals, you also need to specify certain values in the Signature Escalation tabs and on the AP:Notification and AP:Admin-ServerSettings forms.