Setting accessibility options
Accessibility readers can use keyboard and screen-reading software, such as JAWS for Windows screen reader from Freedom Scientific. To enable the software to present the data as a table and then read the table, you must set accessibility options.
Select accessibility options in the User Preferences form
Perform the following steps to select an accessibility option in the User Preference form:
- Open a browser and open the AR System User Preferences form.
- Click the Accessibility tab.
- Select the following accessibility options:
- Accessible Mode
Screen Magnifier / Low Vision
Screen Reader / No Vision
- Accessible Mode
- Accessible Message — All Actions
Enable accessibility mode field on the Login Page
Users may also select an accessibility option when they log on to BMC Remedy Mid Tier. To enable users to perform such a selection, the administrator has to enable the accessibility mode field on the login page.
The Accessible Mode field provides the following options for selection in the login page:
- Use Current Preference Setting (Uses the users current preference setting, or Default if no setting is defined)
- Screen Magnifier / Low Vision
- Screen Reader / No Vision
When a user selects an Accessible Mode option, the option will be saved to the users AR System User Preference record. If the user does not have a preference record, a new preference record is created. On subsequent logins, the users may use the default value of “Use Current Preference Setting”.
To enable enable accessibility mode field on the login page
Perform the following steps to enable the accessible mode:
- Open the config.properties file located at <MidtierInstallDirectory>\WEB-INF\classes.
Set the arsystem.loginpage.enable_accessible_mode parameter to true.