Services provided to the data visualization modules on the mid tier
The data visualization feature includes the following services to ease integration with BMC Remedy AR System.
- Authentication services — Supplied by BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
- Authorization services — Supplies meta-information needed to generate the graphical elements. This information is retrieved only if a user has permission to view the graphical elements. The meta-information is stored in a special form.
- Deployment services — The module code is stored as a JAR file attachment on the BMC Remedy AR System server. The module container automatically downloads this code from the BMC Remedy AR System server and uses it to serve up requests. This makes installation and deployment of the module code a simple data import operation into a form on the BMC Remedy AR System server.
The following signals are available:
- Drill down from client module to a BMC Remedy AR System form — Generates code to perform the drill-down into a BMC Remedy AR System form without being dependent on the module HTML being present in a BMC Remedy AR System form. This allows the module code to generate HTML that can be just fragments in a portlet environment, while still providing the drill-down capability.
The function call is EventDispatcher.drillDownToForm(server, form, view, qualification).
- Configuration services:
- Surfaces configuration properties of the module into the BMC Remedy Mid Tier configuration page.
- Stores the configuration properties and sends them to the module when it is initialized.
- Definition storage and retrieval services — Definitions in BMC Remedy AR System are retrieved from the BMC Remedy AR System server and sent to the module when it is asked to handle a request.
- Caching services — The module container can be requested to cache objects created and repeatedly used by the module.
- Locale services — Retrieves messages for a specific locale for a supplied key. Numbers, dates, and times are formatted based on the locale.
- Page generation services — URLs are generated for various types of hotspots used in signaling for this module.
- Session services — Enables module objects to be stored in the user session so that they are available throughout the lifetime of the session.