Running AR System Log Analyzer
Use the web (HTML) output format to generate results because they are easy to navigate.
Before you begin
Before running AR System Log Analyzer, ensure that you have performed the following tasks:
- Capture BMC Remedy AR System logs for a reported performance issue.
- Download and install AR System Log Analyzer.
- Run arpreparelogs to prepare the logs for analysis.
To run AR System Log Analyzer
- Open a command prompt window.
- Navigate to the location of the log files.
- Run AR System Log Analyzer, using the following parameters:
-ito invert grouping
-nto specify the number of positions to track in Top N reports
-sMAXto report output in descending maximum execution time
-wto specify web format
-uto analyze the activities of the specified user and Group API and SQL analysis done by the user
-bto indicate the start time
-eto indicate the end time
<outputFolder>to specify the directory to be created for output files
<inputFileName>, which was generated by
Dots appear, indicating the progress of the analysis.
The output directory is created and includes several HTML files.
If an error occurs with AR System Log Analyzer, perform the following steps:
arpreparelogs.exewas run to generate the input log file.
- Verify that the name of the input log file was spelled correctly and is available in the directory.
- Verify that the output directory contains sufficient space — at least twice the size of the input log file.