Running a Health Check
The Health Check in the BMC Remedy AR System Maintenance Tool enables you to run post-installation checks on the components that you had selected during installation. You can run these checks as many times as required after the installation is complete.
The installation procedure also runs the post-installation checks automatically on the selected components during installation and displays the status on the Installation Summary screen. For more information, see in BMC Remedy ITSM Deployment documentation.
To run the Health Check, first open the BMC Remedy AR System Maintenance tool then run the health check as described in the following topic:
To run a Health Check
- Go to the <ARSystemServerInstallDir>\arsystem directory.
- Enter the following command:
- Windows —
- UNIX —
- Windows —
- In the BMC Remedy AR System Maintenance Tool, click the Health Check tab.
- Click Next on the Introduction screen.
Enter the BMC Remedy AR System server administrator name, password, TCP port number, and name alias; and click Next.
The progress screen displays the verification process of the post-installation checks. After the verification is complete, the Health Check Summary screen appears. This screen lists the check passed or check failed messages, based on the verification.
If any check has failed, you can make the required changes for that component, and click the Previous button to run the checks again.
- (Optional) Click the View Log button on the Health Check Summary screen to view the logs available in the arsystem_configuration_logs.txt file.
- Click Close to exit.