Rights for subadministrators
Subadministrators can perform the following functions:
- Log on to BMC Remedy Developer Studio
When you log on as a Subadministrator, the server icon in Encryption Security Navigator has a yellow badge with a letter S instead of a green badge with a letter A.
- Create local applications, forms, and packing lists.
When you create an object as a subadministrator, make sure to set the Subadministrator Permissions so you can access the object.
- Modify local applications, forms, and packing lists to which they have administrator access.
- Create and modify filters, active links, and escalations associated with forms to which they have administrator access.
- Create and modify active link guides, filter guides, images, and menus.
Subadministrators cannot perform the following functions:
- Modify local applications, forms, and packing lists to which they have no administrator access.
- View or modify forms to which they do not have subadministrator access in local application or packing lists to which they do have administrator access.
If a user has subadministrator access to a local application or a packing list, but not to a form in the local application or packing list, the form is not listed in the object list or editor.
- Create or access deployable applications.
- View or modify roles, distributed mappings, or distributed pools.
- Change server information settings.
- Release licenses of users currently accessing BMC Remedy Encryption Security.
To make a user a subadministrator
- Include the Sub Administrator group in the Group list in the User form entry for every user who is to be a subadministrator.
A member of the Sub Administrator group must have a fixed license.
Give a group, of which the user is a member, administrative access to the appropriate local applications, forms, and guides. For more information, see Defining subadministrator permissions.
To give all members of the Subadministrator group administrator access to an object, give the Public group Subadministrator permission. To divide administrator access between groups, as Subadministrator security roleshows, create a group for each collection of objects, for example, Engineering Subadministrators and Sales Subadministrators.
To give subadministrators access to an AR System server that has object reservation enforced, you must grant them access to a form. See Version control in BMC Remedy AR System.