Registering data visualization modules
DVMs must registered on a BMC Remedy AR System server to be used by BMC Remedy AR System forms on the server.
To register a data visualization module
- From BMC Remedy Mid Tier, open the Data Visualization Module form in New mode.
This form tells the mid tier server that the plug-in exists.
Data Visualization Module form
(Click the image to expand it.)
- In the Module Name field, enter the name of the module definition (the plug-in's name).
- In the Module Type field, select Visual.
The Data option is reserved for future use.
- In the Description field, enter the description of the of the data visualization definition.
- In the Entry Class field, enter the entry class, for example, com.remedy.arsys.mymodule.Mymodule.
The value must be the class file you created with javac. If you compiled using a package structure, the value for this field must be the complete class name, for example, com.mycompany.plugin.HelloWorldPlugin.
- In the Version field, enter the version of the module.
You can enter any number according to your own version numbering scheme.
If multiple versions of a DVMs are registered, the version with the latest version number is used.
- In the Status field, select Active or Inactive to define the status of the module.
- In the Module Code field, attach the JAR file.
- Click Save.
A custom DVM must be deployed to a BMC Remedy Mid Tier system to be used by BMC Remedy AR System forms that are accessed from a browser.