Publishing a web service
When you create and publish a BMC Remedy AR System web service, you can make AR System server operations available over the Internet or an intranet.
- A base form on which the web service operates — For web services use multiple BMC Remedy AR System forms, the base form is the master form.
- An AR System web service object, which includes these definitions:
- An associated XML Schema (.xsd file). Global elements and complex types defined in the XML schema can be used in the mappings for each operation. BMC Remedy AR System server provides a default schema, or you can select another one.
- A list of Create, Get, GetList, Set, and Service operations. By default, an AR System web service is created each of these operation types. You can have more than one operation of the same type, or you can have no operations of a particular type.
- A mapping for each operation that specifies how the elements of incoming and outgoing XML documents are mapped to fields in the base form.
You can view a list of available web services stored in BMC Remedy AR System server by entering the following URL in a browser:
If the BMC Atrium Web Services Registry is installed, you can register the web service to allow applications to locate it at run time. For information about using the BMC Atrium Web Services Registry, see Registering a web service.
For information about creating the web client, see Creating web service clients and your web application API documentation.