Modifying object properties
The Properties tab (see the following figure) displays the properties of the object, field, or form view in the active editor. Read-only properties are shown with a grey background.
Properties tab for a field in Best Practice Customization mode
If you are working on a form, click in any empty area of the form to see the properties for the form's view. Click a field to see the properties for a field. For more information, see the following sections:
To switch the Properties tab between the category and single list layouts
- Click the Show Categories toggle button.
To sort the properties alphabetically by name
- Select the Sort Properties toggle button.
To return the properties to their default order, click the Sort Properties toggle button again.
To pin the property view to the current selection
- Select the required field and click the Pin this property view to the current selection button.
For example, if you select the Submitter field and then click on the Pin this property view to the current selection button, the property details for the Submitter field will be displayed, even if you select another field. If you open another property view and pin any other field using this button, you can compare the properties of these two fields.
To modify a property
- Select the property in the Properties tab.
- Edit the value in the Value column.
- For numeric and short text values, type the value in the Value column.
- For properties with a list of valid values, click the arrow and select a value from the list.
- For long text and other complex values, click ellipsis (...) to open a dialog box and specify the value.
- Press Enter or click elsewhere to accept the new value. Press Esc to cancel the property change.
Changes to object properties are saved to the server when you save the object.
For references to the detailed documentation of the editors and the dialog boxes for the various properties, see Where to learn how to create and modify objects.