Including parameters in saved or defined searches
You can include parameters in a saved or defined search by specifying a value in the format $ parameter$. When a user runs a parameterized search, a dialog box opens and prompts the user to enter a specific value for the parameter.
Parameterized searches are not saved in recent search menus.
Defining a search with parameters
- In BMC Remedy Developer Studio, open the form for which you want to define a search.
- Click the tab of the View that you want to customize.
- In the Properties tab for the view (click in an empty part of the form to see these properties), click Defined Searches, and click the ellipsis (...) button.
- Click Add.
Enter the appropriate information in the following fields:
- Name — The administrator-defined name for the search.
- Description — A short description of what the search does; for example, "Search for tickets by submitter." If a description does not exist for a search, the name is used instead.
- Qualification — The criteria to be used for the search. To specify a parameter, use the following syntax:
- ' field' operator"$ parameter$"
- field is the field on which to search.
- operator is the operator type.
- parameter is the label for the search parameter. The label can be any string that is not a keyword.
For example, the search 'Submitter' = "$Enter Submitter$ " prompts the user to enter a submitter name.
Parameters in a defined search
(Click the image to expand it.)
- Repeat step 4 and step 5 for each parameter.
- Click OK.
- Save the form.