Goals of the animal tracking application
The park needs to accomplish these goals with the animal tracking application:
- Track the type and number of animals grouped together in enclosures.
- Track births, deaths, acquisitions, trades, and sales.
- Track daily observations of each animal, including behavior and medical condition.
- Track the complete medical history of each animal, including preventive care such as dental work, vaccinations, and parasite checks.
- Track animal feeding.
- Immediately alert the veterinary staff about medical emergencies.
- Alert the animal handlers if any animal escapes its enclosure.
All these goals relate to tracking animals throughout their life at the park, as shown in the following figure.
Animal tracking overview