Deleting an archive form
You can delete an archive form by using BMC Remedy Developer Studio or by using an API call.
When an archive form is deleted, archive settings are cleared for the main form. The Archive Type field is reset to None in the Archive page of the Form Properties dialog box.
To delete an archive form using BMC Remedy Developer Studio
- Make sure that the main form in BMC Remedy Developer Studio is closed.
If the main form is not closed, your archive form might be regenerated and the archive settings might not be cleared.
- In BMC Remedy AR System Navigator, expand serverName > All Objects.
- Double-click Forms.
- In the Forms list, right-click the form name, and choose Delete.
- In the Confirm Deletion dialog box, click OK.
- In the Confirm dialog box, click OK.
Deleting an archive form using an API call
To delete an archive form regardless of whether the main form has archiving turned off or on, or when deleting an archive form that is part of a lock block, use the AR_SCHEMA_SHADOW_DELETE option with the ARDeleteSchema API call.
If the archive form has data, use the ARDeleteSchema API call with both AR_SCHEMA_DATA_DELETE and AR_SCHEMA_SHADOW_DELETE options. This deletes the archive form with data.