Defining a precheck for a package
When deployment package is in the Draft state, as an administrator or Package Creator, you can optionally define a precheck for a package. You define a precheck qualification to validate preconditions for deployment, such as the version, or to validate content, such as a form. The package content is deployed only if the precheck passes. You can also customize the error messages that are displayed when the precheck fails.
A package-level precheck qualification checks package status and version compatibility before you deploy or rollback a package. For example, you can perform a precheck that validates and shows an error message when you deploy a patch for version 18.05 on version 9.1.04.
If a qualification you have set for the package-level precheck fails, the package status on the Deployment Management console changes to Rejected and the package is not deployed.
A content-level precheck qualification checks the contents of a package. For example, a Remedy IT Service Management patch contains fixes for all applications: Remedy Asset Management, Remedy Knowledge Management, and Remedy Service Request Management. Since you do not use Remedy Asset Management, you define a content-level precheck that excludes the Remedy Asset Management patch deployment.
If a content-level precheck fails, the current content entry of the deployment package is skipped and the next content entry is processed and the package is successfully deployed.
To create a precheck for a package
- Define a package.
- Click Manage precheck.
RDA:DeploymentPackagePreCheck form is displayed.
- Select one of the Precheck Type from the following options:
- Package Deploy
- Package Rollback
- Content Deploy
- If you selected Content Deploy, in the Content Name, select the content type for which you want to set a precheck qualification.
- Enter a Precheck Name.
- In the Form Name list, select the form name.
- In the Qualification field, enter a query to build the precheck qualification.
- In the Activity Log Message field, enter the error message or warning that you want to display if the qualification fails.
- Click Add and click Close.
A precheck qualification is created for your deployment package.
To modify or delete an existing precheck
A deployment package must be in a Draft state to modify an existing precheck.
- In the RDA:DeploymentPackageDetails form, click Manage Precheck.
- From the Deployment Package Pre-check list, select an existing precheck .
- In the Qualification field, perform one of the following actions:
- Click Modify to update an existing qualification and click Close.
- Click Remove to delete an existing qualification and click Close.