You can configure approval server notifications to be delivered by email, by using the user's default notification mechanism, or by workflow. To create an approval notification, use the following procedures:
- Verify that the events for which you want the approval server to send notifications are enabled in the AP:Admin-ServerSettings form. If notifications are not enabled on this form, they are not sent regardless of other approval server settings. See Working with the AP-Administration form.
- Configure the approval server to send approver notifications by using the procedure Defining an email notification.
- Configure the delay before escalations when no activity occurs by using the procedure Creating signature escalations.
- Configure notifications for More Information requests by using the procedure Creating More Information escalations.
- Configure email notifications with quick links in the email content by using the procedure Approval notification through email.
For more information, see the following topics: