Creating distributed pools
- In Developer Studio, select File > New > Distributed Pool.
- Select the server on which to create the pool, and click Finish.
- In the Basic panel of the Distributed Pool editor, enter this information:
Field Description State
Specifies whether the pool is active (enabled) or inactive (disabled). Select the appropriate value:
- Enabled (default)
Default Pool Specifies whether the pool is the default pool. The default pool is used when no pool is specified for a distributed operation. See Default distributed pool. Polling
Specifies whether the pool is a polling pool.
- Selected — It is a polling pool.
- Not selected — (Default) It is not a polling pool.
If the Polling check box is selected, specifies the interval, in minutes, at which the pool queries the distributed pending queue.
- Minimum interval is 5 minutes (default).
- Maximum interval is 1440 minutes (24 hours).
If you enter values outside these limits, the system uses the limit closest to your value.
When setting a polling interval, consider the number of requests processed by the pool. For example, if a pool processes 2 million requests each day and has a 720-minute (12-hour) polling interval, the pool will be deluged with 1 million requests to process every 12 hours.
- Select File > Save.
- In the New Name field, enter a name for the pool, then click OK.
Distributed pool names can have up to 80 characters, including blank spaces. Do not use special characters, such as a forward slash (/), a colon (:), or a question mark (?). Use alphanumeric characters only. (See BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option logging.)
DSO recognizes only one distributed pool for each pool name and creates a log file for that pool (see Configuring BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option logging). Thus, you cannot use the same name for multiple pools, even if you use a different case. For example, DSO considers pool names HIKE4, Hike4, and hike4 to be the same and creates only one pool with these values.
- (Optional) In the Properties tab, select the Help Text property, click its ellipsis button, enter any appropriate Help text for the pool, and click OK.
- (Optional) In the Properties tab, select the change history New Description property, click its ellipsis button, enter any appropriate change history information for the pool, and click OK.
See the definition for Change History in Field Properties.
- Select File > Save, then restart the DSO server.