Creating data fields
For an overview of data fields, see Data fields.
To create a data field
- Open the appropriate form.
- Right-click the form, and select Create a New Field > dataFieldType.
The new field appears on the form.
- Select the field.
- In the Properties tab, set the field properties as needed.
See Field Properties.
- To add a file system browser to a character field, see Adding a file system browser to character fields.
- To add effects such as highlighting to fields, see Adding field effects.
- Select the field, drag it to a position in the form, and adjust its size.
See Arranging fields in a form view.
- Right-click the form, and select Save.
For more information, see the following sections: