Converting origin objects to custom objects
This topic contains the following information:
You can convert all origin objects that support overlays, such as forms, active link guides, filter guides, views, fields, and deployable applications to custom objects. As a part of the conversion process, the customizations made to the origin objects are also moved to the custom objects.
To convert an origin object to a custom object
- From the Object list, select the origin object that you want to convert.
You can convert multiple objects simultaneously by pressing the Shift key and selecting the objects from the list.
- Right-click the object and select Convert to Custom.
- When prompted for confirmation, click OK.
To convert an origin field to a custom field
- Open the origin form.
- On the editor or the Outline tab, select a field on the form.
- Right-click the field and select Convert to Custom.
You cannot convert core fields to custom objects.
To convert an origin view to a custom view
- Open an origin form or overlay form.
- On the editor, select an origin view.
- Choose Form > Convert View to Custom.
You cannot convert an overlay field or overlay view to a custom object. To achieve this, you must delete the overlay.