Configuring DSO Delete actions
Use distributed deletes to delete specific requests, such as data-only copies of a request that are not part of the original copy's ownership chain. See Distributed deletes.
To configure a DSO Delete action
- Create a filter or escalation (see Workflow objects).
- In the Execute Options panel of the Filter or Escalation editor, select the trigger criteria.
Typically, the trigger criteria for distributed deletes is Delete.
- Right-click the If Actions panel, and select Add Action > DSO.
- In the Type list, select Delete.
- Fill in these fields:
- Request ID — The request ID of the request to delete.
- Distributed Pool — The pool to use to process the action.
The Object Selector allows you to select either the distributed pools or the fields from which you want to source the pool name.
To select a distributed pool, you must first create a distributed pool. See Distributed pools and Enabling distributed pools.
To ensure that DSO actions are executed in the correct order, assign all related DSO actions to the same distributed pool. For example, all DSO actions associated with the same form should use the same distributed pool.
- Server — The physical name or the logical name of the server on which the form containing the specified request resides.
- Form — The name of the form containing the specified request.
- Save the filter or escalation.