Configuring BMC Remedy Encryption Security
This section explains how to configure BMC Remedy Encryption Performance Security and BMC Remedy Encryption Premium Security.
To view and modify your AR System server's encryption configuration, use the Encryption tab in the AR System Administration: Server Information form:
This form shows the local level value of the configuration. If a local value does not exist, the form displays the global level configuration. If you modify the value on this form, the local level configuration value is modified.
For example, if a configuration shows global level value and you modify the value by using this form, the local level value gets created for the configuration.
The Encryption tab contains the following information:
- Encryption Level Available — The type of encryption installed on the server:
- Standard — Standard security
- Performance — BMC Remedy Encryption Performance Security
Premium — BMC Remedy Encryption Premium Security
The available level of encryption is displayed in this field whether encryption is activated or not.
- Active Encryption Settings — The server's current encryption configuration.
Changes applied to the New Encryption Settings box do not appear in these read-only fields until the server is restarted.
- New Encryption Settings — Fields in which you can change the server's encryption configuration.
When you change these settings and click Apply, the changes are saved in the AR System Configuration Generic UI form. They do not take effect or appear in the Active Encryption Settings box, however, until the server is restarted.
The following topics provide detailed information about configuring encryption security: