Avoiding abrupt shutdown of the mid tier
To avoid abrupt shutdown of the mid tier when you are running Tomcat on Microsoft Windows, you need to do add a Registry setting and perform the following steps:
- From the Services window, stop the Tomcat service.
- Open the Windows registry, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > CurrentControlSet > Control
- Create a new DWORD Value.
- Rename the property as ServicesPipeTimeout.
- Double-click the property name, enter the value data as 120000 and select base as Decimal.
- Click OK.