The AP:Show-Detail form displays all the data related to an approval request. This data is fetched from the AP:Detail form.
For more information, see AP-Detail form.
AP:Show-Detail form — Approver tab with multi-process preview
(Click the image to expand it.)
The P-C Phase, P-C GL Account, P-C Cost Center, and P-C Total Cost are generic character fields, which application developers can use to show additional character data. The labels of these fields can also be changed dynamically so that the labels are in sync with the values. These labels are localized.
Localized labels are visible only if the Localize Server option is enabled on the Advanced tab of the AR System Administration: Server Information form. See Setting performance and security options.
The Action Date field indicates the duration after which the state of the approval request is changed automatically or a notification is sent to the relevant approver to act on the same. This occurs only if it is so defined in the process. For more information, see AP-Process Definition form and Creating signature escalations.
You can use this form to perform the following operations:
- View a history of activities on a request for any approval process in the form of a table or a flowchart.
- Add or remove ad hoc approvers to the approval chain.
- Add and view questions, comments, notes, and attachments for further information.
Fields on the AP:Show-Detail form
|Approver tab||Displays the approval process preview for the current request as a flowchart or a table.|
|Activity Log tab||Displays the list of questions and comments associated with the current request in a table. You can also add or delete questions and comments.|
|Approve||Click to approve the current request.|
|Reject||Click to reject the current request.|
|Reassign||Click to reassign the current request to another person. If Can Reassign is set to Yes for the corresponding process, a dialog box prompts you to enter the name of an approver; otherwise an error is displayed.|
|Hold||Click to put the current request on hold.|
Click to add ad hoc approvers to the approval chain or remove existing ad hoc approvers for the selected requests. The table or flowchart in the Approver tab is updated accordingly. The Adhoc button is disabled in the following conditions:
If the Default option is selected for the Ad Hoc Settings of a process, the AP:AdhocDialog appears for the corresponding request. See AP-AdhocDialog form.
|Close||Click to close the AP:Show-Detail form.|
When you click any of the Approve, Reject, Reassign, Hold, or Adhoc buttons, a dialog box prompts you to enter your password. The request status is changed, or the AP:AdhocDialog form is displayed, only if you provide a valid password, otherwise an error is displayed.
This tab displays a preview of the processes through which the current request might traverse until it reaches the Completion Check stage.
Fields on the AP:Show-Detail form — Approver tab
|Preview Type: Current Process Only||Click to see a preview of how the current request might traverse through the current approval process. This preview is generated after the process begins (when the detail and signature records for the current request have been created).|
|Preview Type: Multiple Processes||Click to see a flowchart or tabular view of the path the current request might traverse when it pertains to multiple processes. This view appears only when the Generate-Multi-Process-Preview application command is executed, whose input values determine the what appears in the view. See Using the multi-process preview.|
|View As: Sequence Diagram||Click to see a flowchart view of the current approval request. See Sequence diagram.|
|View As: Table||Click to see a tabular view of the current approval request. See Table.|
Click the icon to see an enlarged flowchart view in a new window.
This button is available only when viewing the Sequence Diagram.
Click to refresh the contents of this tab.
This button is provided because the mid tier does not allow the use of the F5 key (Windows) to refresh the contents of the current screen.
A legend at the bottom of this tab indicates the meaning of the status icons attached to each signature in the preview.
When the AP:Show-Detail form is viewed through versions earlier than 7.5.00 of BMC Remedy Mid Tier, the Preview Type option on the Approver tab is unavailable (disabled).
The sequence diagram is a flowchart representation of the approval chain for the current request. If you add or remove an ad hoc approver, or perform any other action on the request, it is reflected in the flowchart immediately. If an approver name is not available, the flowchart displays empty blocks in its place. The flowchart displays only valid approvers.
The flowchart view is localized. Its elements can be displayed in all languages available with BMC Remedy AR System.
Localized data is visible only if the Localize Server option is enabled on the Advanced tab of the AR System Administration: Server Information form. See Setting performance and security options].
The flowchart view is available out-of-the-box on the AP:Show-Detail form, which has two related active links, namely, the AP:Show-Detail-LoadObject and AP:Show-Detail-HandleEvent forms.
To display a customized flowchart view on your own form, you need:
- A Data Visualization Field (DVF) pointing to the Visualizer module.
- Two active links that accept three input values, namely, application request ID, application form name, and detail ID. Providing the detail ID is optional.
The DVF cannot be seen using Firefox 188.8.131.52 on Mac 10.4.11. This is an issue with the browser.
The flowchart view is backward compatible with BMC Remedy Mid Tier releases 7.1.00 and 7.0.01. You can use BMC Remedy Mid Tier to see the flowchart view for an approval request.
When the AR System server has encryption enabled (Premium Security or Performance Security), the multi-process preview flowchart might take longer to load.
The table depicts the approval sequence. If you add or remove an ad hoc approver, or perform any other action on the request, it is reflected in the flowchart immediately.
Activity Log tab
AP:Show-Detail — Activity Log tab
(Click the image to expand it.)
Fields on the AP:Show-Detail form — Activity Log tab
|Refresh||Click to refresh the contents of this tab.|
|Justification For Action||
Enter some meaningful text in this field to be recorded as a justification for your action, and click Reject. An entry is added to the Activity Log table. If you click any other action button, this field is ignored. For information about how your input is processed, see Rejection justification for approval requests. After you enter text in this field and click Reject, the entry might not appear in the Activity Log table. However, the activity is recorded and the corresponding entry is visible when the request is opened again in the AP:Show-Detail form.
Like the Comment and Question options, you cannot use the Justification option to create a justification to the approval request. Even though you select Justification from the Type drop-down list, Comment is selected. This is because, the Justification option is used to display existing justifications for the rejected requests.
|Activity Log Details||This section enables you to add, modify, and delete comments, questions, notes, and attachments to the current request.|
|Type||This drop-down list enables you to specify whether you are creating a comment or a question.|
Select a name from the user list or enter the AR System login name of the person to whom you want to raise a question. This field is enabled only if you select Question from the Type drop-down list. Using the Question To field, an approver can ask questions to the requestor or any other person who belongs to the same group as the approver.
The approval server does not have any means to know where a particular user's details are stored. (The consuming applications are responsible to validate the login name.) The source of a user could be any form other than the User form that BMC Remedy AR System provides, for example, the user information could be retrieved from an LDAP server.
|Question / Summary||This field is labeled as Question when you choose to add a question to the approval request; enter the question here. It is labeled as Summary when you choose to add a comment. Enter the brief comment here.|
|Response / Notes||This field is labeled as Response when you view a question about the approval request; the corresponding response appears here. It is labeled as Notes when you choose to add a comment. Enter the detailed comment here.|
|Attachment||Use this field to add an attachment along with your comment. Only one attachment is allowed per comment. If you view a comment that has an attachment associated with it this table field displays the file name, size, and label for the same. Note that attachments cannot be associated with questions. This field is disabled when you select Questions from the Type drop-down list.|
|Submitter||Displays the name of the submitter.|
|Submit Date||Displays the date and time of submission.|
|Add||Click to add a comment or question to the approval request. This field is enabled only if you have the necessary permissions.|
|Save||Click to save a new comment or question.|
|Cancel||Click to cancel any new comment or question that you were trying to add to the current request.|
|Delete||Click to delete the selected comment or question.|
Right click anywhere in this tab to open the Preferences context menu. This menu enables you to refresh the contents of the table, add or remove columns from the view, set the refresh interval, and reset or save the changes you make to the table.
This feature enables submitters (requestor and approvers) to include comments and attachments for an approval request. These could be useful as additional information for the next approver in the chain.
Approvers can work with comments in the following ways using this form:
- Add or delete their own comments, and view the comments included by other approvers.
- Include an attachment at the time of creating a comment. They can also modify or delete the attachments associated with their own comments.
- Edit or delete comments of other approvers if they are the Alternate Approvers or Administrators. Approvers other than these can only view the corresponding details.
Requestors can work with comments in the following ways:
- Provide a comment with an attachment through the application form. The workflow on the Activity Log checks the respective application form for the requestor's comment on the selected approval request. If a comment is available, it displays the comment in the Activity Log table.
- Modify or delete comments they created. If the requestor modifies a comment or its attachment, or both, the Activity Log displays the modified details whenever an approver invokes the Activity Log (or refreshes the table).
This feature enables approvers to ask questions about an approval request to requestors and other approvers. These answers could be useful as clarifications to the current and future approvers in the chain.
Approvers can work with questions in the following ways using this form:
- Add, modify, and delete their own questions, and view the questions raised by other approvers.
- Edit or delete questions raised by other approvers if they are the Alternate Approvers or Administrators. Approvers other than these can only view the corresponding details.
Requestors can work with questions in the following ways:
- Cannot create a question because the Activity Log, which is invoked from Approval Central, is available only to approvers. A requester does not have access to the Activity Log.
- Provide the response to a question through the More Information form.
The Questions feature works as follows:
- An approver can raise a question to any user of the system (or application). If the notifications are configured, the respective user receives a notification. The user then clicks the Response button in the Request Details section of Approval Central to open the AP:MoreInformation form for the request.
- An approver can raise only one question at a time per request because, when a question is created, the status of the request is changed to More Information. After a requestor or approver responds to the question, the request is again assigned the Pending status.
- Approvers can modify or delete the questions they raised before the addressees respond to them. No notification is sent in this case.
- The question details in the table are associated with the Approval ID, Signature ID, and a Question ID.
- Questions cannot be redirected.
- Every question can be associated with only one answer.