Analyzing AR System Log Analyzer output
AR System Log Analyzer provides a summary of API and SQL activity captured in BMC Remedy AR System logs. This tool is useful for investigating performance issues reported with BMC Remedy AR System applications. The tool is similar to database performance tools. This section describes how to use the tool to generate the output file and analyze it.
The AR System Log Analyzer provides the following enhancements and features:
- Ability to filter the log file based on specific user
- Ability to filter the log file during a specific time period
- Better handling of the AR 7.6.x and AR 8.0 logs
- Ability to get the statistics of queued API calls, with TOP N list
Ability to collect report statistics on the long queued API calls
A logging parameter called Queue Delay shows the length of the time an API call has to stay in the queue. For more information about this parameter, see Setting server statistics options.
Before you begin
Before using AR System Log Analyzer, ensure that you have performed the following tasks:
- Collect details of the performance issue experienced by a user or applications.
- Enable logs to investigate the performance issue.
- Capture the reported performance issue behavior in the logs.
To use AR System Log Analyzer to analyze performance issues
Install tools for analysis
Generate a single log file to analyze
Generate summary results
Confirm the log captures relevant activity and scope of analysis
Identify slow API operations or SQL statements
Identify improper thread allocation or bottlenecks
Prioritize which issues to investigate further