Troubleshooting Remedy Full Text Search
When an issue occurs while performing full text search, analyze the cause. The following table describes the common problems that can occur when using full text search.
To troubleshoot FTS issues and to identify the cause of the issue
|To troubleshoot FTS indexing related issues|
|To troubleshoot FTS or Global search related issues|
|To troubleshoot FTS configuration issues|
|To troubleshoot FTS plug-in related issues|
Popular knowledge articles for Full Text Search
The following list includes some of the popular knowledge articles from BMC Communities for Full Text Search (FTS):
- FTS Best Practice Configuration for 9.1.x
- FTS - Deployment and Configuration Best Practices (Whitepaper)
- FTS indexing - The magic with "ft_pending" table and what its contents mean
- Questions on FTS optimization and Collection directory size post reindex
- FTS - I have multiple FTS Indexers in my environment. Can I use all of them for searching?
- How can I estimate how long a full FTS Reindex will take?
- How much disk space does the FTS collection directory need? FTS disk space estimator script
- Reindexing a single form
- How to rebuild the FTS index on a server group?
- How to enable FTS Indexer logging in Remedy 9.x?
- How do I enable Debug FTS plug-in logs in AR System 18.05 and later?
- The "ft_pending" table continues to grow even though FTS indexes appear to be working
- How can I enable FTS plug-in to be able to connect through jvisualVM to collect thread and heap dumps?
- How to identify forms that contain fields with FTS indexes at database level? (Includes a video)