Setting notifications for approval events
The Notifications tab of the AP:Admin-ServerSettings form allows you to define which types of approval events can trigger notifications. These settings apply to all approval events across processes. To define the specific notifications for a process, see Adding notifications to the approval process.
After configuring settings on the Notifications tab, you must create a record in the AP:Notification form. This notifies the approvers whose signatures have been created for the corresponding request to respond on the signature lines for an approval process. For information about the Notify On options, see Notify On Options. Activating events on this form does not guarantee that this event will generate a notification or escalation. However, if you do not activate an event on this form, all other notification and escalation settings are ignored for that event.
To define the events that trigger notifications
- Open the AP:Administration form in a browser, and click the Server Settings link in the navigation pane.
- In the AP:Admin-ServerSettings form, click the Notifications tab.
- Select the appropriate option button for each event.
- Disabled — Select Disabled if you never want the event type to send a notification.
- Enabled — Select Enabled for each event type that you want to send a notification.
- Enabled Including Alternate — Select this setting if you want the event to trigger a notification for both the intended approver and any designated alternates.
- Click Save.