Setting global-level and local-level configurations using the Remedy Management Console
Use the Server Group Configuration screen of the Remedy Management Console if you want to set the global-level and local-level configurations for the server group. This screen provides a single location to manage configuration settings across the server group, without accessing each server.
You must have either of the following permissions to access the Server Group Configuration screen:
- AR System Administrator
- AR System Configuration Administrator
- Integration Administrator
To set the global-level and local-level configurations by using the server group configuration screen
- In the Work On Component Type field, select a component.
- In the For These Components field, select an option to display component on the screen.
- In the Showing These Settings field, select an option to display settings on the screen.
- Click Load Settings.
The Global Settings and Local Settings tables are populated with settings and values.
To set the global-level and local-level configurations
Use the Global Settings and Local Settings table to set the global-level and local-level configurations.
- The Global Settings table display details such as Setting Label, Setting Reference Key, Scope, and Global Value.
- The Local Settings table display details such as Component Name, Setting Label, Setting Value, and Effective Value.
- The Global Settings tab displays a list of all settings (along with the default values) available in your environment.
- The Local Settings tab displays settings that have a local-level value set.
Perform the following optional steps in the Global Settings and Local Settings table:
- In the Find Setting Matching field, enter a search string such as filter and click Find.
The search is performed on Setting Label, Setting Name and Description columns.
The global and local setting tables display the settings that match the search criteria. When you clear the search string, entries for the selected component are restored.
- (Only for the components that share the configuration key) Click Add New Settings to add a new row for the configurations that have multiple values but share the configuration key.
The Default Configuration Setting dialog opens.
- In the Description field, enter a short description for the component type.
- In the Setting Reference Key field:
- If the setting is managed by the AR System server, leave the field blank.
- If you have a custom setting, enter a value.
- Click Save, and click the cross (X).
- Click Add to Update Settings and select a row from Global Settings or Local Settings table.
The selected setting is added to the Setting Pending Update table.
To update the configuration value
The Setting Pending Update table enables you to update the value in the Setting Value column.
You can perform the following actions after selecting any row in the table:
|To remove a specific row from the table||Click the Remove Selected button.|
|To update the Setting Value of a row you have selected|
Enter a value in the Update Selected Rows With Values field and click the Update button.
The setting value is updated in the Setting Pending Update table.
|To save the changes you have made|
Click the Save All Rows button.
The changes are saved and the modified setting is highlighted in the Global Settings or Local Settings table.
A warning message is displayed if you add a setting row that requires the server restart. This warning is displayed only for the
You can take a backup of the existing settings and can manage different settings for your system. For information about backup, see Backing up and restoring centralized configuration settings.