Selecting a field with the Field Selector dialog box
To select a field from the list of all fields contained in the associated form, use the Field Selector dialog box. This dialog box is available in BMC Remedy Developer Studio any time you need to select a field while defining workflow.
The following figure shows the Field Selector dialog box. In this case it was opened from the active link Sample: Class Search in the BMC Remedy AR System server sample application, so the associated form is the Sample:Classes form.
For a form that contains a large number of fields, you can use one of the methods in the Filtering Options or Available Fields areas to locate the appropriate field:
- Name — To locate a field by name, begin to type the name in the Name field of the Field Selector dialog box. The list narrows to display only field names beginning with the characters you type.
- Field Category — To locate a field by field type, select the check box for that type.
- Locate — To locate the field name in the list while still displaying all the field names, begin to type the field name in Locate field.
Field Selector dialog box
(Click the image to expand it.)
To add a field to the table with the Field Selector dialog box
- Click in an empty row of the Field column.
An ellipsis button appears.
- Click the ellipsis button.
- In the Field Selector dialog box, select the field to add to the field mapping table.
The fields listed depend on the associated forms for the action and the type of mapping appropriate for the action.