Searching the Knowledge Base
The BMC Knowledge Base on the BMC Support Central website contains solutions to known problems and common questions and is updated regularly. If you have a problem with the product or a question about it, a search of the Knowledge Base is the most effective way to get an answer. If you cannot find a solution or answer in the Knowledge Base, you can submit an online request for assistance.
To search the Knowledge Base
- Navigate to http://www.bmc.com/support.
- In the Search the Knowledge Base section, enter a question or text that describes your problem, such as the following examples:
- Does BMC Remedy AR System support Crystal Reports 2008?
- Flashboard not working ARERR 3607.
If you have the knowledge article ID, you can use it to search directly for the article. Click More Search Tips to display guidelines about how to find answers quickly.
- Click Ask.
- If you are prompted for your support user ID and password, enter them.
- In the Answers section, review the search results.
The highlighted and bold text in the results list match terms in your search question.
- Click a title to view the complete article.