Remedy Mid Tier logging
You can log Remedy Mid Tier activity to debug the issues with the Remedy Mid Tier. Depending on the issue, you may need to use a combination of logging provided by the mid tier and third-party products.
The mid tier log statement includes method calls, code execution, and informative messages for Remedy Mid Tier components. Remedy Mid Tier log statements are written into armidtier#.log file located in the <Remedy Mid Tier installation directory>\logs folder.
To set logging properties for the Remedy Mid Tier, perform the following steps:
- Open Remedy Mid Tier Configuration Tool.
- Click Log Settings. For more information, see Configuring the Log Settings page.
To setup detailed logging
- Login to the Remedy Mid Tier Configuration tool.
http://<server name>:<port number>/arsys/shared/config/config.jsp
Go to the Log Settings tab and set the following categories:
Category Log level Performance or back channel related issues PERFORMANCE SERVLET Session oriented issues PERFORMANCE SERVLET SESSION MGMT Web service issues PERFORMANCE WEBSERVICE Reporting issues PERFORMANCE SERVLET REPORTING Remedy Service Request Management and Flashboard related issues PERFORMANCE SERVLET DATA VISUALIZATION
The following screenshot displays the Log categories in Remedy Mid Tier.
Ensure the following:
- Log Level is set to Fine
- Log Viewer is set to File
- Log Format set to Detailed text (includes class and methods)
- Maximum Log File Size (kb) is set to 10240
- Maximum Number of Log Files is set to 100
- Click Save changes to save your settings.
Perform the following steps to troubleshoot an issue:
- Note the path set in the Log Directory field.
When the problem is replicated, access mid tier logs.
- Access the mid tier log directory using remote desktop, ssh, or shared drive.
- Share the mid tier logs with BMC support along with a copy of the config.properties file, located in the midtier\WEB-INF\classes\ folder.
The maximum limit of file upload is 1.5 GB.