Log to File action
Use the Log to File action in:
Use the Log to File action to append all operations meeting the filter or escalation conditions to a text file on the BMC Remedy AR System server. Each log entry includes:
- A date and time stamp.
- The name of the user whose action triggered the filter.
- The name of the form.
- The request ID number.
- The fields included in the transaction.
Escalations support Log to File If Actions, but do not support Log to File Else Actions.
To define the Log to File filter or escalation action
- Right-click the If Action or the Else Action (filters only) panel header.
- Select Add Action > Log to File.
- In the File Name field, enter the full directory path of the log file. To browse to an existing location, click Browse.
- Save the filter or escalation.
If a failure occurs when writing to the log file that you specify, BMC Remedy AR System server records a warning message in the arerror.log file. This warning message appears only once, not for every time logging fails. The next time the system successfully writes to the log file that you specified, a message is also written to the arerror.log file.