Configuring the number of temporary tables for vendor forms
The first time that ARGetListEntryWithMultiSchemaFields queries a vendor form, it creates a temporary table to store the vendor data on the AR System server. By default, only one temporary table for each vendor form can exist on the server.
To process multiple requests from this function to the same vendor form, you can use multiple temporary tables to improve the performance. Use the following procedures to enable multiple temporary tables for each vendor form to exist. You can configure this setting globally and for individual forms. The form setting overrides the global setting.
To configure the number of temporary tables for all vendor forms
This procedure sets the maximum number of temporary tables for all vendor forms on the AR System server.
- Open the AR System Administration: Server Information form.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Maximum Vendor Temp Tables field, enter the maximum number of temporary tables that can exist simultaneously for a single vendor form.
- Click Apply or OK.
The change takes effect immediately. You do not have to restart the server.
To configure the number of temporary tables for a single vendor form in version 8.1 and later of AR System
This procedure sets the maximum number of temporary tables for an individual vendor form. It overrides the global server setting.
- In BMC Remedy Developer Studio, open the appropriate vendor form.
- Select the Definitions tab in the form editor.
- Expand the Other Definitions panel and then the Vendor Information panel.
- Enter the appropriate integer in the Maximum Vendor Temp Tables field.
- Click File > Save.