Using AR/CTL checkpoint/restart services
Checkpoint/restart services provide (or enhance) an environment that allows an application program job step to be restarted after a failure. These services are available through AR/CTL processing options (in some cases) and through requests explicitly issued by the application program.
More specific information about checkpoint/restart services is located in other sections of this space. This section discusses general topics related to checkpoint/restart services and tells you where to locate specific information.
Most of the information applies regardless of the type of application program and environment.
- Methods for requesting checkpoint/restart services
- Checkpoint/restart processing in an application program
- Checkpoint/restart request considerations
- Application program changes between abend and restart
- Program code to execute at restart
- Forced checkpoints
- Using DB2 commit statements to trigger checkpoints