Architecture Compatibility Modeler
Architecture Compatibility Modeler (ACM) is an online tool which allows you to quickly find information about BMC products that are compatible with other BMC products and underlying technology requirements of those products. You can also build and save simple models and share those configurations with others.
You might use Architecture Compatibility Modeler when:
- You want to find all BMC products that are compatible with a given operating system.
- You want to determine what BMC products are compatible with your BMC products.
- You want to determine impacts in terms of compatibility if you make a change to your environment.
Accessing Architecture Compatibility Modeler
Architecture Compatibility Modeler is available to all users at https://docs.bmc.com/docs/modeler.
BMC supports customers who are using the product in the specified environments based on the BMC Software product Support Policy.
The following short video provides an overview of ACM.
Getting started with Architecture Compatibility Modeler
After going to https://docs.bmc.com/docs/modeler, you can start using Architecture Compatibility Modeler by entering any BMC product or prerequisite technology into the search box.
Example product queries:
- Control-M/Enterprise Manager
- Digital Workplace Basic
Example technology queries:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- z/OS 1.13
After entering a search query, Architecture Compatibility Modeler returns a list of matching BMC products, along with version numbers and support lifecycle information. Select a product and version. Depending on the type of product you have selected, you will see the Diagram View or the Details View.
Configuring your diagram
You can adjust which compatible BMC products are shown in your diagram by using the Project Configuration panel. If there are no BMC products listed as compatible (as in the case of all-in-one solutions), no compatible products will be listed in the Project Configuration panel.
To configure your model to match your target architecture
- In your diagram, click the Add compatible BMC products box.
The Project Configuration panel opens.
- Select or deselect products to add or remove them from your diagram. You can also deselect products directly from the diagram.
- Change the versions of your selected products.
- Close the Project Configuration panel.
The diagram reflects your changes.
Reviewing and saving prerequisites
You can drill down into each of the products on your diagram to reach the Details View, enabling you to review and select prerequisite technologies, such as operating system and databases. The Details View is arranged hierarchically, with each operating system listing expanding into deeper details.
To view technology requirements
- In the Diagram View, click the product you want to review. (For certain products with no other compatible products, the Details View is presented as the default view.)
The Details View opens.
- Review operating system information or open any operating system row to view available underlying prerequisites, such as databases and browser compatibility. You can also review additional text information by hovering over the icon in the Notes column.
- (optional) You can enter the name of any underlying technology to filter the details to a specific technology.
- (optional) As you review the prerequisites, you can select items that match your target architecture. As you build out these custom details, the panel on the right side of the screen will capture your selections for later reference.
- When done, you can Save or exit.
You can quickly check your model for compatibility against any available technology. The Compatibility Checker works with diagrams with any number of products.
To check compatibility across your model
- Click the Compatibility Checker icon
The Compatibility Checker panel opens. .
- Enter an operating system, database, browser, or other technology.
Each product in your diagram indicates compatibility (check mark) or caution (exclamation point). Caution symbols do not necessarily mean that the technology is incompatible, but does mean that no matches were found in the database.
- To view compatibility information for all product versions, click the compatibility symbol in a product.
All available versions and each version's compatibility is shown in a drop-down list.
Saving and sharing
Save any project for later reference, then share a link to your custom configuration with anyone.
To save and share projects
- Make sure you are logged in.
- After configuring a project, click Save and give the project a name.
The project is saved and can be retrieved any time in the future from the home screen of Architecture Compatibility Modeler.
- (optional) Delete the project by clicking the Delete icon, or copy it by clicking the Copy icon.
- You can share the project by clicking the Share icon. Architecture Compatibility Modeler provides a link to your custom project.
- Select a level of access.
- Click Copy to copy the link to your clipboard. You can then share the link with any method you prefer.