Top Real Transactions dashlet
When you create or modify a dashboard, select and configure the Top Real Transactions dashlet to display the most impacted (by latency or by errors), or most used (hits per second), real transactions for applications monitored by App Visibility. You select the type of transaction data you want to monitor, and whether to monitor one application or all applications.
Understanding the dashlet data
By default, the dashlet displays five transactions from all applications that have most severe latency violations.
Top Real Transactions dashlet
The data is aggregated and sorted according to your choice during dashlet configuration: by average response time, latency violations, or errors. The column of the selected type is highlighted.
The following columns are shown by default:
- Name: Entry point name of the transaction request
- Application: Application name, from which you can click to drill down to the related data in the Application View tab
- Type: Type of transaction: Page, AJAX, Business, or External Service
- Hits/Sec: Hit rate, which is the number of requests sent to the server per second
- Avg Response Time: Average transaction response time (0m 00s 000ms)
- Latency Violations: Percentage of the transactions with latency violations
- Errors: Percentage of the transactions with errors
The Top Real Transactions dashlet requires application monitoring with App Visibility Manager, with the following options:
- If your system includes end-user monitoring, data for all transaction types can be displayed.
- If your system does not include end-user monitoring, only business transaction data is displayed.
When you configure the dashlet, you select the following options:
- Data aggregation
- Transaction type
- Number of transactions
- Data columns
When you configure the dashlet, you select an application. If you use the dashboard application filter to select an application, the dashboard filter overrides the dashlet's selected application.
For optimal viewing, adjust the width of the dashboard column to accommodate the number or columns you use in the dashlet.
Configuring the dashlet
You can configure this dashlet when you .
- Click Add Dashlet and select the Top Real Transactions dashlet.
- Click the Configure Dashlet icon.
- (Optional) Enter a descriptive title for the dashlet.
From the Top list, select the criterion by which the transactions are collected and sorted: Latency Violations, Errors, or Hits/Sec.
- From the Transaction Type list, select the type of transactions to display: All, Page, AJAX, Business, or External Service.
- From the Number of Transactions list, select how many transactions to display in the table: 5, 10, 15.
- Choose to display results from all applications or from one application:
- Select All to display results from all applications.
- Select Selected, and then click Select to open a list from which you can choose the application to display.
- Select the columns you want to show in the table: Application, Type, Hits/Sec, Avg Response Time, Latency Violations, Errors.
- Select the height of the dashlet row: 2X, 3X, or 4X.
The value of X is approximately 100 pixels. The default height is 3X.