Setting up applications for monitoring
An application consists of one or more software components that are distributed across different computer systems and which can be monitored.
Manually created applicationsWith BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management, you can manually create applications in the TrueSight console by creating application models. Manual applications can include the following components:
- Groups and devices that are synchronized from Infrastructure Management
- Devices that are synchronized from App Visibility Manager
- Application discovered by manually setting up end-user monitoring
The status of a manual application is based on the event conditions that are specified with the application nodes.
For information about installation the Infrastructure Management environment, see .
Automatic application discovery by App Visibility Manager
With BMC TrueSight App Visibility Manager, the name of an automatically discovered application is determined by the application URL. You can configure application discovery based on URL patterns, such as grouping URL patterns together or discarding patterns that are not relevant to your monitoring environment. You can then adjust event thresholds (SLAs) to determine the conditions when events are generated.
Where to go from here
To set up applications, perform one or more of the following procedures:
- Manually create applications.
- Configure application discovery to fine-tune automatically discovered applications, and then configure event thresholds (SLAs).
- Set up synthetic transaction monitoring.
- Configuring an application to notify an application status change
After you set up applications, you can start monitoring them.