Incident Summary dashlet (Real User Analyzer)
Use the Incident Summary dashlet to show the type, severity, and number of incidents for a specific Watchpoint. You can select a time range from last 24 hours up to this month.
Incident Summary dashlet
To show incidents for a specific Watchpoint, the system identifies all the incident detection rules associated with the Watchpoint and sorts any incidents detected for them by type (Availability, Performance, or Volume).
Configuring the dashlet
Set up the dashlet to show the severity, number, and type of incidents for a given Watchpoint over time.
You must have the incident detection rules configured for the Watchpoint that you want the dashlet to display incidents for. For example, if you want the dashlet to display performance, availability, and volume incidents for your Logon-Page Watchpoint, configure Performance, Availability, and Volume incident detection rules for this Watchpoint.
To configure the dashlet
- On the dashlet shortcut menu, click Edit settings.
- Configure basic settings as follows:
- In the Watchpoint list, select the Watchpoint for which you want to show incidents.
- (Optional) To limit the number of incidents displayed, select the Critical incidents only check box.
- In the Time range list, select the interval over which you want to show information.
- (Optional)To configure advanced settings, do the following:
- (Analyzer only) To change the color scheme, click a theme on the Color theme list.
- (Analyzer only) To provide visual contrast, select the Use color background check box to set the dashlet background.
- Click Save.
Getting details about the data on this dashlet
To display the value that a segment of a bar on the graph represents, move the pointer over the segment. A tooltip shows the details.
To navigate from a dashlet to the Automated Incident Management page, use one of the following options:
- In the Incident Severity section of the dashlet, click a segment of the bar graph.
- In the Critical Incident Count section of the dashlet, click an incident type. In the menu that appears, click Drill down to AIM.