Enabling SSL 3.0 for App Visibility Manager
Some application servers do not support TLS and therefore require SSL 3.0 communication, which is disabled by default for App Visibility Manager internal communication, to protect against the POODLE vulnerability.
Open the properties file for each component in a text editor:
- Portal: portal_installationDirectory\portal\properties\portal.properties
- Each collector: collector_installationDirectory\collector\properties\collector.properties
- Comment out (add a # character to the beginning of the line) the
- Add SSLv3 to the list of
tomcat.ssl.enabled.protocolsproperty and save the file.
- Open the java.security file on each computer, located in the installationDirectory/ADOP_JRE/lib/security directory.
- Remove SSLv3 from the list of the
jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithmsproperty and save the file.
- Restart the service.
After a few minutes, the agents can connect to the portal and collector.