Downloading or uploading component configuration
You can export component configuration from Real User Analyzer and Real User Collector for backup purposes or for reuse in other instances.
The following procedures explain how to export and import component configuration for both Real User Analyzer and Real User Collector.
To export component configuration
- On the Administration page, click Manage configuration, and then, click Download device configuration.
- Type and confirm an arbitrary passphrase.
This passphrase will be used during import of this configuration to this or any other instance of the system.
- Click Download.
- Follow the instructions displayed in your browser to save the file.
The file is saved. To open the file, unzip it. You can edit the XML file that defines configuration settings for this instance.
After you make changes to the XML file, add it back to the downloaded archive, replacing the old XML file.
To import component configuration
Importing component configuration replaces existing configuration with the one defined in the uploaded file.
BMC recommends that you back up the existing component configuration by exporting it, before proceeding with importing.
- On the Administration page, click Manage configuration, and then, click Upload device configuration.
- Select the ZIP file contains XML and CSV configuration files.
- Type the passphrase that was used during export of this configuration.
- Use the Purge system data box to define system behavior with traffic data collected by Real User Collector, and any calculated statistics:
- Select this box to purge all traffic data.
- Leave this box cleared to leave all traffic data as is.
- Click Upload.
The component configuration is overridden with the one defined in the configuration files.