Configuring trap-based alerts through SNMP
Before you begin
For the system to start sending trap-based alerts, configure the SNMP settings and .
To configure trap-based alerts
- In the Analyzer or Collector interface, go to Administration > General settings, and then click System alerts.
- In the Action menu for the Traps alerts section, click Edit.
- In the Send trap if alert level is at least list, set the minimum alert level, for example, Attention.
- Click Save.
To enable trap-based alerts
By default, trap alerts are enabled. If email alerts have been switched off, you must enable them before the device can send any email-based alerts.
- In the Analyzer or Collector interface, go to Administration > General settings, and click System alerts.
- In the Traps alerts section, click the Enable switch.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you