Configuring email-based alerts
To alert users through email, you must create at least one group of recipients, and configure the policies that the system follows when it sends email alerts to a group. To perform this procedure, you must have Operator-level access, or higher.
Before you begin
For the system to start sending email-based alerts,to establish connection between this device and an SMTP server.
To configure email-based alerts
- In the Analyzer or Collector interface, go to Administration > General settings, and then click System alerts.
- In the Action menu for the Email alerts section, click Edit.
- In the Send email alerts to box, select an existing email notification group, or create a new one, to which you want to send system alerts.
- In the Send no more than 1 email per box, set the maximum frequency of email alerts.
- In the Maximum number of alerts per email box, set the maximum number of alerts per email message.
- In the Send email if alert level is at least list, set the minimum alert level, for example, Attention.
- Click Save.
To enable email-based alerts
By default, email alerts are enabled. If email alerts have been switched off, you must enable them before the device can send any email-based alerts.
- In the Analyzer or Collector interface, go to Administration > General settings, and click System alerts.
- In the Email alerts section, click the Enable switch.
By default, the system offers an email notification group to alert users of errors and conditions that occur. The group is turned off by default, but you can edit it at any time.