Building a dashboard on the Analyzer
Dashboards enable you to monitor a specific aspect of your traffic, such as performance or availability.
To add a dashboard on the Analyzer
- On the Action menu of the Dashboards page, click Add new dashboard.
- In the Dashboard title box, type a group name or select from the list the group name to add this dashboard to.
- In the Group title box, type a name for this dashboard's first group.
A group is a container for dashlets. All dashboards must have at least one group.
- Click an option button to select a preconfigured group layout.
A lock icon in a column of the layout indicates that the width of that column is fixed. The width of other columns adjusts dynamically to fill the group layout.
- Click OK.
The new dashboard opens on the Dashboards page.
- from the Dashlet library.
To add a dashlet to a dashboard
- Open the Dashboards page.
- On the Action menu, click Add dashlets.
The Dashlet library is displayed.
- Specify where to add the dashlet as follows:
- In the Dashboard list, click the target dashboard.
- In the Group list, click the target group.
- For each dashlet that you want to add (up to a maximum of 20), click Add this dashlet.
A check mark is displayed to indicate that the dashlet has been added.
You can add any dashlet to the dashboard more than once. For example, you might want to monitor the same metric but on a different server or in a different physical location.
- Click Back to to return to the dashboard screen.
Where to go from here
- Change the layout of the dashboard.
- Customize each dashlet's display settings (as shown on the figure below) and data type, such as dashlet title, time range, Watchpoint context, and so on. Read more in Dashlets to measure real end user experience monitoring.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you