Unloading LOB and XML data to referenced files
You cannot unload inline LOB data to referenced files.
To unload LOB or XML data to referenced files
- If you are unloading to a hierarchical file system (HFS), ensure that the file system is preallocated and mounted.
The file system must be mounted on the same MVS system on which you are running UNLOAD PLUS.
- Specify an OUTPUT statement for each referenced file to which you are unloading.
Include the following options:
For DSNTYPE PDS or LIBRARY, the data set name that you specify must not currently exist and must not include a member name. UNLOAD PLUS dynamically allocates this data set.
For DSNTYPE HFS, you must specify the fully qualified path name for the file system, but no file name. UNLOAD PLUS generates the files.
DSNTYPE (PDS, LIBRARY, or HFS)
(required for DSNTYPE PDS or LIBRARY) DIR
(required for DSNTYPE PDS or LIBRARY) SPACE
(required for DIRECT NO) 0 or 1 for UNITCNT
(optional for DSNTYPE PDS or LIBRARY) Additional disk options that you want UNLOAD PLUS to use to dynamically allocate the PDS or PDSE
Tape options are not valid for a referenced file.
For DSNTYPE HFS, UNLOAD PLUS honors only the descriptor name, DSNAME, DSNTYPE, and SUBSETS options.
For more information about these options, see OUTPUT command options.
- Specify the appropriate CHAR or VARCHAR subtype (BLOBF, CLOBF, or DBCLOBF) in your field specification.
Ensure that you include the associated output descriptor name, as described in Considerations when unloading LOB or XML data to referenced files.
- If you are unloading XML data to a BLOB file, specify the BINARYXML keyword with BLOBF.
- Adjust your job based on the following considerations: